DescriptionFrom California Historical Landmarks:
The Empire Mine was originally located by George D. Roberts in October 1850. In the spring of 1854, the Empire Mining Company was incorporated and in 1865 new works, including a 30-stamp mill, were erected. In 1869 Wm. B. Bourn, Sr. purchased the Empire, when he died, Wm. B. Bourn, Jr. took over its management. The Empire was in constant operation from 1850 to the late 1950s.
This site is now the Empire Mine State Historic Park
Location and Vicinity Map
View larger map on OpenStreetMap or Google Maps