DescriptionFrom the State Office of Historic Preservation web site:
The basement and first story of this building were constructed in 1857 for Agustus Jacoby, and housed various mercantile firms during its early years as a principal supply point for the Klamath-Trinity mining camp trade. It served occasionally as a refuge in time of the Indian troubles from 1858 through 1864.
The official state marker plaque is located across the street at the northeast corner of the intersection.
Location and Vicinity Map