||Northeast corner of Market and Battery Streets, San Francisco, San Francisco County
one or more plaques placed by civic organizations or other groups
These plaque mark the location of the San Francisco shoreline
at the time gold was discovered on January 24, 1848. The plaques
are located in the heart of the financial district.
A companion marker plaque is located on the
southwest corner of Market and Battery Streets.
Location and Vicinity Map
View larger map on
or Google Maps