From California Historical Landmarks
In 1888, the State Board of Forestry established an experimental forestry station and nursery. It and the Santa Monica station established in 1887 were the first such stations in the Nation. Exotic and native trees were tested and produced for scientific and conservation purposes. The station was operated by the Board of Forestry until 1903.
Remnants of the Forestry Station can be seen along the World of Trees Nature Trail.
Location and Vicinity Map